Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Breakfast for Dinner!

Well I am back from a brief cooking hiatus. My hubby had a pretty big surgery back in October, that put my cooking to a halt for a bit. BUT I AM BACK NOW and I have something yummy in the oven as I type and I wanted to share it with you.

On the Menu Tonight is breakfast for dinner, which is always a hit between my hubby and I. I think I could eat breakfast all day long if I was given the choice…but then again…I do have other favorites. Anyway, what I have in the oven tonight is an egg casserole…made (none other than) the Wright Way.

What you'll need is:

Preheat oven to 350

9x9x2 pan

1 can croissant rolls (8 count)
6 eggs
1-2 tbsp half & half (milk, heavy cream…whatever you prefer in your scrambled eggs)
1/2 cup ham chopped
1/4 cup onion diced
1/4 cup green pepper diced
1/4 cupe tomato diced
1/2 - 1 cup shredded cheese (of your choice, I prefer cheddar and I probably use a little more than I should)
salt & pepper to taste

First you'll start with your croissant rolls. Lay them flat the pan, roll them out to even it out in the pan. I love using my pampered chef roller for this. Once that is done, place in the preheated oven and cook for about 8 minutes. You will not want this completely cooked at this point.

While that is baking, chop the vegetables and ham. I used some delicious left over ham I had from Thanksgiving (but you can also find chopped ham in your grocery store meat sections). Place that to the side and prepare the eggs. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together 6 eggs, 1-2 tbsp of the half & half, and salt and pepper to taste. Put this to the side until your croissant is ready.



Pull the lightly baked croissant out of the oven and then cover with the scrambled egg mix, ham, onion, green pepper and tomato (feel free to improvise on the meat…this also tastes great with crumbled sausage, bacon, chorizo, etc…and also play with the veggies. Those are just my preference). Place back in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. You want the egg to be settled (not drippy) when you remove this from the oven. I would recommend keeping an eye on this part at around 15-20 minutes as everyones oven is different and NO ONE wants burned eggs.


Once the eggs are set, remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese (as much or as little as you like) and then place back in the oven for about 2 1/2 minutes…just enough for the cheese to melt. Remove from oven and let it set for about a minute or 2. I also like to sprinkle with a bit of dried Parsley just because its yummy...and then DIG IN!!!


Hope you LOVE IT!

God Bless!

Erin Wright

Genesis 1:29-30
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

No comments:

Post a Comment